This:

The football.
Has been replaced.
By
This:
The fish.Please note that the man has not been replaced, just the football. The man has replaced the football. The man has chosen the fish. Notice that the man is, however, still wearing a shirt involving the football. This replacement is only temporary.
This is what the wife thinks:
Pros - The wife can watch whatever she wants on TV while the man is occupied by the fish. The wife is not expected to get or make/cook the man anything while the man is occupied by the fish. The wife no longer has to buy the fish at the grocery store. Maybe someday the man will cook the fish for the wife. Maybe someday the man will take the baby to catch the fish after the baby has become the boy.
Cons - The man is not at home when he is occupied by the fish. The wife is on her own for bedtime with the baby while the man is occupied by the fish. The man brings the fish home and the fish and the man both stink. The wife must wash the clothes the man was wearing while catching the fish. The man fillets the fish in the sink that the wife likes to use. The wife has to sterilize the sink after it has been used by the fish.
Cons - The man is not at home when he is occupied by the fish. The wife is on her own for bedtime with the baby while the man is occupied by the fish. The man brings the fish home and the fish and the man both stink. The wife must wash the clothes the man was wearing while catching the fish. The man fillets the fish in the sink that the wife likes to use. The wife has to sterilize the sink after it has been used by the fish.
7 comments:
well put dear! i agree whole heartedly :)
Well at least the man isn't making YOU clean the fish! I have been there before. Brady is wishing he was with Joel every night... only his favorite pass time.
Gramps is jealous of that big bass, he says go for it Joel. Love you blog and the pictures.
Heard from Gram about the bass Gramps was jealous of!
Missed you Saturday (although I finally found a money egg and I'm attibuting it to the fact that you weren't there to find it) but would rather have had you guys there.
Also love your new header! And thanks for your comments on my blog. The Bishop's wife idea is what worries me. I talk too much and will probalby spend the next 5 years with my foot in my mouth!
joel wishes his wife wouldn't get mad when he wants to go fishing every now and then :)
Britt - good point. I'm very glad I'm not expected to clean the fish!
Gram - I wish Gramps could just go fishing with him, then I would go too! But I don't think Joel would like it if Gramps threw back any catfish!
Melonee - Oh, I totally forgot you guys were doing the egg hunt yesterday! I'm so sad we weren't there :( Good job getting the money egg though!
Joel - What are you talking about? I didn't get mad at you for going fishing. Not me. Never :) So what if I want my husband on a Saturday night after a week of not seeing him much? Go all you want while I'm in Florida. I won't get mad :)
LOVE IT! You should be a writer, Dacia!
Post a Comment