It all started with craving for movie theater nachos and an
icee...and a panicked feeling that we'll never be able to go on a date alone or without hiring a sitter after the baby is born.
So, we headed out to see G.I. Joe but once we got to the theater the movie was going to be starting in just a few minutes. By the time we made it to the ticket counter it had sold out and there was nothing else we really wanted to see. I was mostly devastated because I wasn't going to get my nachos, and I was kind of worried that we'd go back home and Joel would play football on the
Xbox while I surfed the
Internet or did something else equally lame.
We went back to the car and decided to sit there until we thought of something else to do besides just go home. After about 15 minutes we decided that the only thing we really wanted to do was go to the movies. Well, that wasn't going to happen now. So, we decided to go the grocery store and get some movies from Red Box, buy nacho cheese sauce, nachos, and jalapenos to make our own movie theater nachos, and go to Target for
icees. So we were off to Save Mart where we got our movies etc. Next was Target. They didn't have the
icee I wanted at this particular Target so we needed to go to another one. On the way Joel decided he wanted a
Jamba Juice instead so we stopped there for his craving. We finally made it to the other Target and the flavor I wanted was out so we had to wait for it to freeze enough to make a good
icee. So, we stocked up on some candy and then walked around looking at random things that we were never going to buy. Finally the
icee was ready - Cherry Coke - yum!
We made it home, created our nachos, and started up the first movie - "Coraline". One of my friends was really giddy about this movie when it came out and I had made a mental note to see it in the theaters but then I forgot all about it. Well, I loved it but it totally
creeped me out the whole time. Then I had nightmares about it that night. And a little bit the night after that. I am such a baby. The next movie we watched was "Knowing" with Nicholas Cage - one of Joel's favorite actors and really the only reason we rented it. It started out weird and just got weirder and weirder. Stay away from black pebbles. And don't watch that movie. It's just weird.
In the end, we decided that it was more fun running around everywhere collecting everything we needed for the perfect movie experience and then watching the movies on our dinky little TV where we could make comments and hit pause when needed than it would have been if we had ended up going to G.I. Joe. We probably even saved a few bucks. All in all, it was a great date night! I still have so much fun with my husband and I'm so glad he gives in to my cravings for nachos :)
3 comments:
Yay for date night!!! So glad you got to see Coraline. I heart that movie. We did a "Last Date Night Ever" last weekend too. It involved steak. Yum.
GREAT POINT!! Time to be spontaneous. Go get breakfast at 1:00 in the morning. Leave when ever you want to. You won't be able to be spontaneous for 13 years!!!! We are finally to that point again, and we love it!
Bummer - Roman watched Knowing and told me all about it and how wack it was. Oh well, atleast it was only a $1!! I have a set of movie tickets that I got for free. We are waiting for a good movie to come out so we can watch it. I'm not really into G.I. JOE(L) :)
Glad you didn't go home and do internet/Xbox junk. You can do that in about 8 weeks or less! Great craving there... an icee really sounds good right now!
I should have posted a big fat warning on my blog when I went to see Knowing a few months ago. Worst. movie. Ever. So weird I don't even know what to say!
Post a Comment